Monday, July 9, 2012

I am starting to get settled in. Started the day in the "Farmacia" begging the pharmacist for some anti-itch cream. She came through! There are lots of teeny-tiny mosquito-type bugs that seem to like Luciano and I.
This afternoon the Albanian lady came to help me clean the two rooms upstairs. Hopefully by cleaning thoroughly everyday the critters will disappear and/or stop biting. The lady charges 7 euros ($8.40) an hour. It's so interesting to note the differences between the US and Italy. She has the cutest little girl too who was born in Italy and attends Italian school.
I am seeing that there was an earthquake near Rome - but we did not feel it.
I am also becoming a good shopper; I got the upcoming ad for the local supermarket, so I can plan my list. I got a shoppers card, so that I can collect the stamps for my good friend - they are giving away pots and pans if you collect the stamps.
What I need to figure out is how to get the editors to send me Italian magazines - I'm really interested in one on crochet for which they publish pages weekly.
My new textbooks are on their way to Troy! and one copy to me here - it will be so cool to get mail!
Tomorrow we are going to check out my classroom in Broccostella, where I will be co-teaching the Italian program starting on Thursday. I am so fortunate to be teaching with Professoressa Piccione who is an awesome teacher (retired). She found these great text/work books with CDs that we will be using.
I'm thinking that next year's program may have to include adults as well. It would be really cool! The plan is to have classes in the morning and do short trips in the afternoon/evening. There is so much to see and do here and it would be even better if we did it with families!

No comments:

Post a Comment